Current available positions:
Are you passionate about addiction recovery and the recovery community? Do you have great communication skills, are you super flexible and enjoy a varied work day? If so, the new position of Program Associate for Oregon Recovers might have your name on it!
Oregon Recovers is looking to recruit a team player who wants to contribute to the addiction recovery movement in Oregon and play an instrumental role in assisting the Program Director with multiple overlapping and ongoing projects in an ever evolving advocacy non-profit.
Under the direction of the Oregon Recovers Program Director (PD) the Program Associate (PA) coordinates administrative, outreach and research support for all existing programs as well as special projects. Additionally, as a member of a small nimble team, must also provide support to other staff, board members and volunteers as needed. Oregon Recover's current primary programs are the Oregon Recovery Network (ORN), the Peer Connection, the Recovery Community Summit (RCS), the Walks for Recovery and the Addiction Recovery Assistance Fund (ARAF).
Specific PA responsibilities can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Schedule meetings & prepare meeting materials
- Compile meeting minutes and track follow-up
- Organize event logistics
- Prepare & distribute program communication
- Coordinate programmatic evaluation efforts
- Coordinate all programmatic social media
- Maintain social media calendar
- Coordinate & create social media content
- Grow social media audience
- Manage social media comments and messages
- Coordinate all programmatic marketing materials
- Assemble marketing content
- Communicate with graphic designer
- Ensure sponsorship acknowledgement
- Edit website content as needed
- Coordinate event recruitment (i.e. focus groups, Recovery Community Summit (RCS) participants, volunteer committees, etc.)
- Update and edit programmatic websites
- Track, monitor and drive event participation recruitment
- Organize solicitation of required personal information for speakers and panelists
- Coordinate RCS scholarship application and award process
- Phone recruitment as needed
- Coordinate Monthly Newsletter
- Work with all staff to develop monthly content
- Research event logistics
- Create spreadsheets with researched content (i.e., Summit locations, Nonprofit organizations for outreach, etc…)
What experience is needed? Well, experience comes in many shapes and sizes.
Oregon Recovers is committed to elevating folks who have been impacted by addiction and hence may not have the perfect resume. Raising children requires logistical skills and an ability to get sh*t done. Navigating the health care and/or criminal justice systems successfully often requires patience and hours online. Waiting tables requires an ability to work quickly, navigate personalities and prioritize decisions. It's all relevant experience. The ideal candidate has these attributes:
- Is mature but with a great sense of humor
- Enjoys solving problems
- Is self-motivated and can work independently
- Loves deadlines and a fast-paced environment
- Is a stickler for details and good grammar
The position will initially require working in the office (NE Portland) half time and from home half time. Hence, you will have to provide proof of vaccination from covid if you are hired. That schedule could change, and may ultimately require the Program Associate to work full time within the office. That said, if you are in school or planning to go back to school, we can work to accommodate that schedule.
The position is full time (40 hours) and pays $18-$20/ hour, depending on experience. Health insurance or a health insurance stipend will be provided, cell phone costs will be reimbursed, you will accrue three weeks of vacation per year (starting after a one month probationary period) and all federal holidays are paid.
If you are formerly incarcerated, BIPOC, queer, or otherwise marginalized, you have invaluable lived experience which makes you uniquely qualified to work for Oregon Recovers and we encourage you to apply.
Interested? Send a resume and cover letter explaining how your experience is relevant to the job to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Associate Application” in the subject line.