Current available positions:
Oregon Alcohol Policy Alliance (OAPA)
Consultant, Temporary (six months)
Compensation contingent on deliverables
The Oregon Alcohol Policy Alliance (OAPA), a fiscally sponsored project of Oregon Recovers,
seeks a seasoned policy project manager to facilitate the development and launch of OAPA. The
Project Manager will be responsible for the following outcomes:
- Organize and facilitate a series of inaugural organizing meetings (4-6) for the Alliance
with the specific purpose of identifying a mission, a preliminary strategic plan and a
policy focus for the 2023 Legislative Agenda
- Coordinate the development of a brand identity and online presence for OAPA
- Coordinate development of Oregon specific research on the harms of alcohol, public
opinion about alcohol, and the economic impact of the alcohol industry
- Initiate an earned media strategy countering alcohol industry marketing
Oregon has the 5 th highest alcohol use disorder rate and the lowest beer and wine taxes in the nation. Pre-COVID, six Oregonians died each day due to alcohol and, according to the state medical examiner, there was a 73% increase in alcohol related deaths during the first year of the pandemic. Oregon has not increased beer and wine taxes since 1986 leading to a tax structure that promotes and protects systemic racism.
Qualified applicants should have the following attributes:
- A commitment to and understanding of public health policy.
- A successful track record building multiple coalitions.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and manage new projects.
- A breadth of relationships within Oregon’s public health, addiction recovery and/or
- A willingness to speak truth to power.
The initial consulting contract will be for six months for 30-40 hours per month. Compensation
to be determined based on capacity and time commitment. The Project Manager will initially
report to the executive director of Oregon Recovers and then to the executive committee of
To apply, please send a cover letter with consulting rate and resume (or a CV) to